(updated Mar. 16, 2017)
What is CheckIt Go?
CheckIt Go is a solution which allows teachers and other professionals to check multiple choice question OMR sheets using a simple android mobile phone. The user uses the mobile CheckIt Go application to click a photograph of the OMR sheet. This photograph is analyzed for each OMR response and compared against the answer key entered by the user. The user is able to instantly see the student’s score on the mobile app. The score and image are stored on the local mobile device for later review.
What type of data is collected?
We collect two types of information about you: (1) Information that you voluntarily provide us by using the CheckIt Go Service (described below) and (2) Information collected automatically as result of your use of the Service. The types and amounts of information collected will vary depending on what features you elect to use. There are several options for further limited the information provided and how that information is shared.
- Information you provide to CheckIt Go
Currently the Exam Information and Student Papers Information are stored locally i.e. on the user’s device.
- Exam Information
In order to grade/evaluate papers, the teacher must provide information about the exam being graded. This includes the name of the exam, type of exam i.e. Chapter Test, Full course or Quiz, type of key in exam i.e. 20 questions, 40 questions or 100 questions, the answer key, and the marking scheme i.e. the marks offered per question when a question is marked correctly or incorrectly. CheckIt Go will automatically generate the papercode and the date on which the exam is create and store it.
- Student Papers Information
Also, CheckIt Go does not store any information about the users which can identify them. However, in near future (within 6 months), it will seek for the following information from the users:
While grading papers, the CheckIt Go will capture an image of the paper being graded, the student’s response to each question and the resulting score.
CheckIt Go User Account Information
To create a CheckIt Go user Account, the user must provide an e-mail address that acts as the unique username for their account. They must also provide a password that will be used to login to the CheckIt Go service.
- Class and Student Information
The teacher may optionally provide information about their classes and students. A class record consists of the name of the class and the students (below) that are in the class. A student record consists of a first name, last name, a numeric student id, an optional text reference field (labeled External ID), and the classes for this student.
- Information Collected Automatically
CheckIt Go, does not log or receive information about the users which can breach their privacy or identify them. The information it receives is through the Google Play dashboard which logs the information like number of installs & uninstalls, android flavor in which the app runs, crash reports. In any case, no user can be identified individually from the information CheckIt Go receives.
How does CheckIt Go use the information it collects?
CheckIt Go does not sell any of your or your student’s information to any third-party for any purpose. CheckIt Go does not present advertising within the App and Website.
We use the information we collect from you to provide you with the best experience. More specifically, this information is used to:
- Provide and improve the Service, for example by developing new products and features;
- Respond to your requests for information or customer support; and
- Customize the Service for you, and improve your experience with it
Will CheckIt Go share any information which is collected?
- Exporting and Third Party Integrations on our Service: With the CheckIt Go service, the user may elect to export quiz results in various file formats. This data is only shared at the direction of the teacher within the CheckIt Go App.
- Testimonials: We post testimonials on our Service which may contain personal information such as name, photo, and/or video of the individual in the testimonial. We obtain the individual’s consent in advance to ensure we have permission to post this content publicly.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information to comply with a court issued subpoena, or other legal process. We also may disclose personal information where, in good faith, we think it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of CheckIt Go, our employees, or others, or to prevent violations of our Term of Service or other agreements. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection or responding to government requests.
- With Consent: Other than the situations described above, we won’t disclose your personal information unless you consent to it. Additionally, we will never sell your personal information to advertisers or other third-parties.
How does CheckIt Go protect and secure my information?
CheckIt Go does not store any information on its server. All the information is stored on the users device. It will be the user’s responsibility to protect his device and CheckIt Go App from unauthorized access.
Can I opt-out of providing information?
CheckIt Go does not pull any data from the user’s device on its server. This application does not require any type of communication with the server. Hence, there is no need to provide us any of your data.
What communications will I receive from CheckIt Go?
If you wish to receive communication from us, please mail us at email@example.com. These communications may include, but are not limited to; push notifications, e-mail, and postal e-mail. If you have an account with us, we’ll also use your e-mail address to contact you for customer service purposes, or for any legal matters that arise in the course of business.
How will CheckIt Go notify me about the changes made to this document?
How can I contact CheckIt Go with questions?
For any query related to CheckIt Go, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org